Audi introduces the technologically advanced 2015 Audi A3 Sedan
- The A3 Sedan sets new standards in the entry premium market, including the first-ever 4G LTE data connection
- Audi showcases progressive technology, craftsmanship and performance with the Audi A3
- Over the next 16 months, Audi will roll out the complete A3 family,
including the A3 Cabriolet, A3 TDI clean diesel, S3 and A3 e-tron® PHEV
Audi of America introduces the all-new 2015 A3
Sedan with both the 1.8 TFSI® and 2.0 TFSI® powertrains. The premium
compact sedan offers the latest in progressive technology at a
competitive price, without compromising on luxury, design or
performance. The base MSRP for the Audi A3 1.8 TFSI will start at
$29,900 and the 2.0 TFSI® will start at $32,900.
The A3 Sedan will bring to the entry premium market new innovative
technologies and the detailed craftsmanship found in larger flagship
Audi sedans. The Audi A3 Sedan features standard leather seating
surfaces and exceptional ergonomics, and offers the signature
Singleframe® grille, ultra-thin retractable MMI® display, available Audi
drive select, 4G LTE connectivity and Bang & Olufsen® audio. The
A3 Sedan will also come equipped standard with a panorama glass sunroof
and bi-xenon headlights.
In addition to the base premium package, two iconic Audi luxury packages
are offered on the A3 Sedan - Premium plus and Prestige. Premium plus
will include exclusive 18" 10-spoke-design Audi wheels, an aluminum
interior package, and keyless entry for an additional $2,550. The
Prestige package will include everything that is offered in premium
plus, and will give the A3 Sedan a sportier look with the S Line®
exterior kit. It will also offer the Driver Assistance package, Bang
& Olufsen Sound System, Audi MMI navigation plus, Audi connect®,
Convenience package and full LED headlights for $8,450.
The A3 Sedan will be joined later in 2014 by the recently announced Audi
A3 Cabriolet, A3 TDI® clean diesel, the high-performance S3 Sedan and
in early 2015, the A3 Sportback e-tron® gasoline electric hybrid (PHEV).
A3 Sedan highlights include:
The exterior of the A3 Sedan has been completely redesigned and
specifically tailored to meet the sedan preferences of the American
- The Audi A3 Sedan stretches 175.5 inches in length and has a 103.4
inch wheelbase. Combined with its 70 inch width and 55.7 inch height,
its proportions are compact but very sporty.
- The signature Singleframe® grille and available full-LED headlights.
The athletic exterior of the A3 extends inside, where Audi maintains its
leading role in automotive interior design and craftsmanship.
- The defining element is the "wraparound" dash design, which
incorporates an innovative three-dimensional inlay concept surrounding
the driver and front passenger.
- The available LED interior lighting package highlights the immense craftsmanship and attention to detail.
The Audi A3 breaks the boundaries and raises the bar as to what is expected out of entry-level luxury vehicles.
- The A3 marks the first time that an A-segment vehicle will offer MMI®
technology, Audi drive select, 4G LTE connectivity and Bang &
- The MMI operating system has an electronically extending screen, its
terminal housed in the console of the center dashboard. They now offer a
touch pad incorporated into the rotary MMI control wheel, which offers
an intuitively and simple operation typical of the brand with the four
- NVIDIA graphics processing unit (GPU) - generates complex
three-dimensional images used in all online, voice control, media
navigation and telephone functions.
- A 705 watt 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen Sound System is optional on the A3 Sedan.
The modular infotainment platform in the Audi A3 also brings several
upgrades to the industry leading Audi connect® service. Audi's
connected vehicle strategy targets features and services that enhance
the experience for Audi drivers and their passengers by providing the
benefits of access to information and content, when needed, through
interfaces designed for the in-vehicle environment.
- Most advanced version of Audi connect® including read aloud Facebook®
and Twitter® alerts, access to more than 7,000 Internet broadcast
stations, RSS news feeds and more.
- The MMI navigation plus uses 4G LTE to deliver the tailored services
of Audi connect to the driver - from navigation with Google Earth and
Google Street View to Audi and online traffic information.
- Audi connect® services, such as, text-to-speech function for e-mail and a dictation function for text messages (SMS).
- An accompanying mobile app will allow advanced functionality between
the MMI system and smartphones, passengers will be able to view
high-definition videos and make video conference calls from the vehicle.
- Audi and AT&T have teamed to offer U.S. Audi drivers the expected first-ever in-vehicle 4G LTE data connection.
The Audi A3 will offer several advanced technology features which are new to the entry luxury segment, including:
- Standard Audi pre sense basic system which helps detect when an
emergency maneuver is being made and prepares the vehicle and its
occupant restraint systems in advance of a possible collision.
- Optional advanced technology package, which includes Audi active lane assist, and adaptive cruise control with stop and go.
The A3 Sedan will offer impressive power and groundbreaking efficiency
with two engine options including the 170 horsepower 1.8 TFSI® and 220
horsepower 2.0 TFSI.
- Both engines are mated to the standard 6-speed S tronic® transmission,
providing immense shifting flexibility and driving pleasure with
smooth, dynamic acceleration and virtually no interruption to the power
- The optional Audi drive select system allows the driver to adjust
throttle response, shift points, and the electromechanical steering
effort. Similar to other Audi models, Audi drive select has four
settings that include Auto, Dynamic, Comfort and Individual.
The new platform allows the front wheels to move forward by roughly 1.5
inches (compared to the previous generation A3) to provide well-balanced
proportions, supplemented by optimized interior space utilization, and
an improved structure.
- Front suspension is a MacPherson strut design with A-arms and aluminum pivot bearings. It is joined to an aluminum subframe.
- The electromechanically assisted steering system operates sensitively
and efficiently together with various assistance systems, while reducing
mechanical drag for greater efficiency.
- In the four-link rear suspension, which utilizes a steel crossmember, the springs and shock absorbers are mounted separately.
- The electronic stability control (ESC) also includes an electronic
differential lock. When driving through curves, it can brake the inside
front wheel very slightly to help minimize understeer and improve
- End -
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of
German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful
luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury
brand in Europe during 2012, and broke all-time company sales records in
the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new
products, facilities and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or
www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and
"Audi", "Audi pre sense", "e-tron", "MMI", "Singleframe", "S
tronic", "TFSI", all model names and the Audi emblem are registered
trademarks of Audi AG.
All prices are the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price and exclude
destination and delivery of $895, taxes, title, other options and dealer
charges. Dealer sets actual price.
Where stated, fuel economy values (mpg) are EPA estimates. Actual
mileage will vary and depends on several factors including driving
habits and vehicle condition.
Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted.